Simple is important - so is future proofing your technology investments….
The Access 4 Learning Community recently launched the SIF xPress API to provide connections between applications in minutes – there is the simple! But what if you want create an enterprise solution?
The SIF Specifications provide a future-proof infrastructure enabling you to connect individual applications and scale up to the full enterprise architecture. The Community has developed guidance effective practice documentation to make it easier for the marketplace to engage and additional developer resources for Members.
So to show just how you can start small and build large, check out the Community’s:
- Success Stories from End Users, Vendors, Government and Partner members available for your review if you are looking for targeted solutions between two applications or comprehensive solutions in developing an entire interoperable enterprise.
- Implementation Systems Maps to give you a better idea of the scale of usage amongst schools, school districts, local authorities and states. We are working with members to develop a library of these maps – please let us know if you would like a map of your own to share. Example: Norfolk County Council UK using SIF with over 150,000 users on the largest Google Apps domain in Europe!
- To view our first maps, please see below -->
- The SIF Certification Program provides both the end-user and vendor with the quality assurance that these products have met a minimum performance standard and passed a series of tests in order to achieve SIF Certified status. Many products claim to be SIF-compliant, but only the ones showing a logo and providing you with a valid certificate have met the required standard.
- The SIF Certification Registry maintains a list of all SIF Certified products on with products listed by each standard (i.e. SIF 2.x product, SIF 3.x product, Zone Integration Server (NA) 2.0r1 or (UK) 1.1), but you can also search by Software Provider or Category, to make it easier for you to find exactly what you are looking for!
Implementation Systems Map
Norfolk County Council, UK
Norfolk's Implementation Systems Map provides a generic view of their SIF implementation across all their schools throughout the local authority. All their school applications, including the two different Management Information Systems (MIS) are hosted.
They currently have over 150,000 users on the largest GoogleApps domain on Europe (only recently being beaten by a domain in Asia!)
Their main data integration is provided by SIF, currently using the SIF 2.x specifications. They are in the process of reviewing their implementation to migrate over to the SIF 3.x specifications at the earliest opportunity.
More to come soon....!